The objective of this combined workshop and challenge on musculoskeletal (MSK) computational imaging and modeling is to bring together researchers who share a common interest in MSK focused research and to attract additional researchers to this field. By allowing both submissions of papers on novel methodology and clinical research, and also papers which demonstrate the performance of methods on the provided challenges, the aim is to cover both theoretical and very practical aspects of this clinically important research area.
After four very successful spine focused workshops, CSI 2013 – 2016, we decided to open up the scope from spine to the all aspects of MSK imaging. We are inviting researchers to share and exchange their experience and expertise in this area. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Clinical applications of musculoskeletal computational imaging
– Computer-aided diagnosis of conditions of the bones, muscles and joints
– Image-guided musculoskeletal surgery and interventions
– Image-based assessment and monitoring of surgical and pharmacological treatment
– Segmentation, registration, detection, and localization of musculoskeletal anatomy
– Statistical modelling of musculoskeletal shape and appearance
– Image-based microstructural characterisation of musculoskeletal tissue
– Novel imaging and visualization techniques in musculoskeletal imaging
MSKI 2017 is an event supported by the SpineWeb Initiative.